It's Derby Time!

Ah, Ms. Benson you have been MIA for about 10 years now.

Why, yes, I have.  Just one year, really, but MIA is true.  Why, you ask?

I had a child!

Well, first there was the nausea and all the loveliness of pregnancy, then my handsome little boy was born in May of 2015.

Today, I am excited to share a new resource with you!  It's a song I wrote for my students called "The Derby Hat."  It describes someone's experience at the Kentucky Derby when he/she comes in contact with a hat so big that it covers the entire park!

The product that I now have available in my Teachers Pay Teachers store includes the sheet music with Orff orchestration, lyrics-only pages, eight Kentucky Derby rhythm cards, Create-Your-Own Derby Hat pages, and a booklet for students to re-write lyrics of my song.  I've mostly used the song with second and third grades.



I hope you enjoy it as much as my students and I have!  Let me know how it works out for you.

Happy Kentucky Derby season!
-Kaylee

Comments

Popular Posts